Telephone Outreach Project Assistant Director
We’re hiring directors to build and lead teams of callers that will fundraise and build support for some of our country's most pressing issues - tackling climate change, moving beyond single-use plastics, banning bee-killing pesticides, and more. Being a director with us requires that you work independently, exercise good judgment and work hard to meet your office’s staffing and fundraising goals. You’ll develop communication and leadership skills that will last a lifetime, and you’ll be building the support it takes to win campaigns.
The Telephone Outreach Program (TOP) raises around $2 million annually for 30+ Public Interest Network groups, including PIRG, Environment America, Environmental Action, National Environmental Law Center and Green Corps.
TOP Assistant Director responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruit and train a team of 25-35 staff to build political support around leading issues through membership drives.
- Identify and develop leaders to take on more responsibility
- Run staff development and leadership trainings
- Evaluate staff performance and give ongoing feedback
- Help to organize a grassroots campaign by working to test and develop the best message
- Organize grassroots pressure on key elected officials, corporations, and other decision makers
- Lead by example, fundraising 2-3 days a week
- Manage an office that contacts 200,000-300,000 people and collects 50,000 petitions annually
- Help the office run smoothly by tracking and analyzing staff performance
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental protection and social change
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and passion you feel about the issues
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong recruitment and staff management skills and experience
Pay and benefits
The target annual compensation for this position is $35,750. The Fund offers a competitive benefits package. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents, our commuter benefit program, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and long-term disability insurance. Compensation and benefits may vary based on location and experience. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Things to know when you apply
Fund for the Public Interest is guided by our vision of a better world, a strategic approach to social change, and our core values. Click here for things you should know about our organization when you apply.
Why work with the Fund? Check out 10 reasons.
Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer.
We take COVID-19 safety very seriously. Employees must follow our COVID safety protocols and be fully vaccinated and boostered. Accommodations are provided to the extent required by law.